The 87th Tax Seminar has been held from March 2nd to 7th in Seoul, Korea. This workshop has mainly focused on a selection of key tax policy challenges currently faced by the participating countries through presentations relying on recent OECD research as well as discussions, case studies and country presentations.
This workshop has allowed participants to share views and experiences in tax policy analysis and practical solutions to the common issues faced by countries in developing and implementing modern and sustainable tax systems.
Specific topics covered during this workshop includes:
– Using Analytical Tools in Policy Analysis
– Personal Income Tax Design Issues
– Corporate Income Tax Design
– Use of Tax Incentives
– Tax Avoidance and Evasion
– Taxation of the self-employed and small businesses
– Consumption Tax Design issues
Tax Programme, OECD Korea Policy Centre